|Name :||Sh. Arun Kumar Sinha|
|Date of Birth :||30 October 1959|
|Contact Details :||E-mail :||firstname.lastname@example.org (Official)|
|Tel :||011-26715351 (O), 011-24106887 (R)|
|Organisation & Address :||Central Water Commission|
|Second Floor (South)|
|Sewa Bhawan , R.K. Puram Sector-1|
|New Delhi – 110066|
- Membership of Professional Societies
- Indian Association of Hydrologist, Roorkee (IAH).
- Academic Qualifications
- M.Tech.(Civil Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
- B.Tech (Civil Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi.
- Work Experience
- He has done Graduation in Civil Engineering in 1980 from BHU-IT, Varanasi with Hons. and Post Graduate in Civil Engineering with specialization in Structural Engineering from IIT, Kanpur in 1982 and joined Central Water Engineering (CWE), Gr-'A' Service in August 1983. He took over the charge of Chairman CWC w.e.f. 9.7.2019 and also holding the additional charge of Member (D&R) CWC w.e.f. 1.7.2019.
- He has worked in various capacity in Ganga Flood Control Commission (GFCC), Central Water Commission (CWC), Ministry of Water Resources (MoWR) and Farakka Barrage Project (FBP) since then. Prior to this assignment, he worked as General Manager in Farakka Barrage Project during 2011-2013 and Member (Planning) in Ganga Flood Control Commission during 2013-2017 and Chairman GFCC (2017-2019).
- He has contributed in number of technical articles in different national and international seminars/workshops, delivered various lecturers in different training/workshops. He developed mathematical model of flood forecasting on MIKE 11 in Mahanadi basin. He also contributed in development of podium for India by feeding the data of all basins of India in the software developed by IWMI. He has worked as Chairman, Ganga Flood Control Commission from 27.04.2017 to 30.06.2019.
- Core Competencies
- Flood Forecasting/Hydrological observations : Flood Forecasting for all basins in the Country, Discharge Observation,Sediment Observation and Water Quality Monitoring in Main Ganga, Gandak,Subernrekha, Baitarni, Burhabalang, Brahmani, Rushikulya and Vamsadhara basins.Preparation of yearly Flood Appraisal Report, Water Year Book, Sediment Data Book, Water Quality Data Book, Bed Material Data book etc.
- River Management : Preparation of comprehensive plans for flood management of Yamuna, Ramganga, Adhwara Group of rivers and Main Ganga Stem in GFCC, Patna. Execution of Anti erosion works at Domhat,Bhutani Diara, Simultala, Birnagar, Chakbahadurpur in Malda District and Brahmangram, Deepchandpur, N2 Spur, Ghuripara, Ghoshpara, Mithipur and Khandua in Murshidabad district during my tenure in Farakka Barrage Project. Technical examination and Monitoring of Flood Management schemes of U.P., Bihar and West Bengal in GFCC, Patna.
- Basin Planning & Management : Studies related with National Prospective Plan for water resources development comprising examination of various proposals for water resources utilisation and water transfer links received from various individuals and agencies. Finalisation of National Water Policy, 2002. Works related with National Commission for Integrated Water Resources Development Plan and Drought. Scrutiny of Master Plan for Tribal Sub-Plan areas and development of Podium for India by feeding the data of all basins of India in the software developed by IWMI.
- Human Resources Management & Administration : Amendment of Brahmaputra Board Act, Release of funds to State Govts for implementation of schemes under Flood Management Programme a State Sector Scheme under Central Plan, Release of fund to Brahmaputra Board, Sanction of various schemes included in five year plan and Annual Plan including EFC, SFC and CCEA approvals. Coordination of training programmes for technical as well as non technical officers in Central Water Commission as well as National Water Academy, Pune.