Instrumentation directorate was established in CWC under DSO in early 80s with the following objectives:
- Appraisal of Detailed Project Report (DPR) of Water Resources Projects in India and other countries (like Nepal, Bhutan etc)
- Providing Consultancy works (like Preparation of Instrumentation drawings/chapters) to project authorities/state govt/PSUs.
- Examination of specific problems with regard to Instrumentation as referred to this office under DRIP/others.
- Standardization activities with regard to instrumentation.
- Guidelines/Publications of instrumentation specifically with regard to water resources projects.
- Performance Monitoring of Instrumentation in Existing Projects.