State Dam Safety Organization (SDSO)
- CWC has encouraged the formation of DSOs at State level. 18 States and four dam owing organizations – namely, NHPC, BBMB, DVC and Kerala State Electricity Board – have also created their own DSOs
- Despite such large number of DSOs in the country, the state-of-affairs of dam safety in the country is not up to the mark.
- No uniformity in the administrative set-up or functions of these DSOs.
- Although some states have gone in a systematic way to evolve appropriate machinery to safe guard their dams, but in most cases, the DSOs have skeletal staff and somewhat undefined roles.
- In majority cases, the role of DSO is restricted to advisory capacity, with little scope for proactive intervention in dam safety and rehabilitation measures.
The details of states having their own dam safety organisation/cells with functionaries and their contact details is tabulated as under:-
|1||Andhra Pradesh||K. Srinivas, Chief Engineer, CDOemail@example.com|
|2||Telangana||Narender Reddy, Chief Engineer, CDOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Bihar||RampukarRanjan, Engineer-in-Chief (Central Designs), WR Department,||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Chhattisgarh||H.R. Kutare, Engineer-in-Chief, WRDemail@example.com|
|5||Gujarat||K.A. Keshvani, Chief Engineer & Director, GERI,||0265 -firstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Jharkhand||Ashok Ram, Chief Engineer (Design, Master Planning & Hydrology)||email@example.com|
|7||Karnataka||Chikkarayappa T N, Director (Chief Engineer), Karnataka Engineering Research Station,||08236 - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||Kerala (Irrigation)||Shri Terrance Antony, Chief Engineer (I&D) Irrigation Projects Design & Research Board,||0471 - email@example.com@gmail.com|
|9||Kerala (KSEB)||Anil Kumar R.,Chief Engineer (Dam Safety) & DRIPfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|10||Madhya Pradesh||Bharat Gosaviemail@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|11||Maharashtra||AtulKapole, D.S.||022 - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|12||Odisha||BibhutiBhushan Panda, Chief Engineer (Dam Safety),||0674-2531935/ email@example.com|
|13||Punjab||Pushpinder Paul Garg, Chief Engineer, Kandi Area Development||0172 - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|14||Rajasthan||M.R. Doodi, Chief Engineer, WRD||0141-2227042||9414073903||ce.wr@rajasthan..gov.in|
|15||Tamil Nadu||T. Asokan, Chief Engineer (O&M),||044 - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|16||Uttarakhand||D.K. Pachori,Chief Engineer ((Kumaoun), Irrigation Departmentemail@example.com|
|17||Uttar Pradesh||Shri C.K. Jain, Chief Engineer (Designs)||0522-2443834 / 0522-2421309||9005483427|
|18||West Bengal||M.P. Ghosh, Chief Engineer (D&R),Irrigation & Waterways Departmentfirstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|19||Himachal Pradesh||J.D. Sharma, Chief Engineer, (Head of the Authority), Dte. of Energyfirstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|20||Meghalaya||Shri M. Lyngdoh Chief Engineer(C), Maintenance & Small Hydro||0364-2591406, 0364-2590262||9436108250||Chiefengineer.firstname.lastname@example.org|